June has finally arrived, so grab a drink and start planning your summer BBQ today! Here are some of our favorite tips to make your BBQ stand out:
1. Get Creative with your Grilling: Everyone expects hotdogs and hamburgers at a BBQ. To surprise your guests, try grilling a few unexpected, but delicious items to go with your meal. Grilled watermelon or corn is a great addition to any salad. Some other great options are pineapple or avocado to go on either a burger or grilled chicken. For dessert, you can try grilled donuts or peaches with a scoop of ice cream on top.
2. Pre-made Mason Jar Drinks – We love the idea of saving yourself some time by pre-making your drinks. Quick, easy to grab and refreshing! Try iced tea with a lemon and mint, or lemonade with some raspberries and strawberries. Cover with lids and throw in the cooler. When your guests get thirsty, they can grab one, throw in a straw and enjoy! Tip: Alcohol can be added to these pre-made drinks as well.
3. Try using Sticks: Nix the silver wear and focus on skewers/kebabs. There are so many great recipes to try like chicken and pineapple, corn on the cob, bacon and Brussel sprouts, classic steak and potatoes, or veggie-only for your vegetarian friends.
4. Add some friendly competition: Get some giant games to place throughout your back yard for everyone to enjoy! A few great choices include giant jenga, tic tac toe, and a ring toss.
5. Keep things simple: Use mason jars and/or buckets to hold drinks, snacks, silver wear, condiments. You can put one on every table. For extra seating, throw some blankets on the grass with pillows. Guest will appreciate the laid-back vibe, and you will have more time to enjoy your party!
6. Hire some party help: It’s not too late to book a Party Host Helper or two for your next summer BBQ. They can help you set up, serve drinks and food, even run the lawn game station with the kids so you can sit back, grab a mason jar drink and enjoy your party!