The holidays are here, and ‘tis the season to throw a party! Whether it’s a corporate party, dinner party or small get-together, having some great cocktail options is always a must! Party Host Helpers has your covered with a few delicious drink recipes that will ensure your party is a hit, courtesy of our Pittsburgh Regional Director, Kim!
Apple Cider Mimosas
These are delicious and fall-friendly, plus who doesn’t love a little bubbly?
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
1 c. apple cider
1 bottle bubbly
1. On a small plate, combine sugar and cinnamon. Dip champagne flutes in water to wet the rims, then dip in cinnamon sugar mixture.
2. Fill champagne flutes 1/4 full with apple cider, then top off with champagne.
Spiked Hot Cocoa or Spiked Apple Cider
It’s cold outside, so these are perfect for any occasion to stay warm!
Spiked Hot Cocoa – 1.5 oz Van Gogh Vanilla Vodka, 1.5 oz Van Gogh Espresso Vodka, 1 packet of hot cocoa mix, 3 oz of hot water
Spiked Apple Cider – 1.5 oz Van Gogh Vanilla Vodka, 1.5 oz Van Gogh Caramel Vodka, 1 packet of apple cider mix, 3 oz hot water
This is one of my favorite cocktails to enjoy over the holidays. They’re delicious and feel like a treat!
3 oz of godiva chocolate liquor
1.5 oz vanilla vodka
1.5 oz cream or milk
1. To decorate the glasses, moisten the rim of your glasses with cold water. Turn the glasses upside down and dip them into the grated chocolate, twisting them around so you get more chocolate on the rim. Reserve.
2. Fill a cocktail shaker halfway through with ice.
3. Add the ingredients together. Shake it vigorously for 30 seconds.
4. Pour the Chocolate Martini into one of the decorated glasses.
5. Serve cold.
Cranberry Old Fashioned
I love a classic old fashioned, and this is a fun holiday twist!
3 oz of bourbon
1 oz of cranberry simple syrup
3 shakes of angostura bitters
Garnish with orange peel, fresh cranberries, and rosemary
In a serving glass with ice, stir together the bourbon, cranberry simple syrup, and bitters. Garnish with orange peel, fresh cranberries, and rosemary. To make the Cranberry Simple Syrup – in a saucepan, bring 2 cups of water, 1 cup of sugar, and one cup of fresh cranberries to a boil. Once boiling, cook for 4-5 minutes. Strain with a fine mesh sieve. Cool before serving.
Don’t forget to add “hire Party Host Helpers” to your party to-do list. We’ll help with your set up, cleanup, mixing cocktails, and more. We have bartenders, servers, and general party staff that can take care of all the details so you can enjoy your party!